Financial Advisory Full-Time Program
Role and Responsibilities
As an Analyst, you will be supporting our transaction teams, providing support by performing financial analysis and modeling, conducting company and industry research, preparing client presentations, and interacting with senior bankers and clients.
Due to our relatively small size and significant transaction volume, we expect Analysts to assume extraordinary levels of responsibility in situations that require a high degree of maturity, self-confidence and technical aptitude.
Lazard offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small client teams on major strategic assignments. Meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives is an important part of the Analyst training and experience.
Our clients expect a lot from us, so we ask a lot of our Analysts. Candidates should be top academic performers who are willing to work hard in an unstructured environment where initiative, creativity, maturity and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued. Academic backgrounds may vary, so long as candidates are comfortable with financial concepts and enjoy quantitative work.
Opportunities are available in Hong Kong, Beijing, and Singapore.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior work experience in Investment Banking, particularly in Mergers and Acquisitions is preferred, but not required
- Self-motivated and able to work in a highly dynamic environment
- In the 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate studies or pursuing a postgraduate degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent oral and written English – A technical test and a translation test may be conducted during the interview process
- Prior experience and exposure to an international working or academic environment is valued
- Background in accounting, finance, or economics is preferred but not required
- Excellent academic performance
Analysts generally are graduates in commerce or economics and have limited work experience. You should possess a passion for business and a genuine interest in the Investment Banking sector, particularly in relation to Mergers and Acquisitions.
We look for the following qualities:
- High academic achievement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Self-discipline and self-motivation
- Intellectual agility
- Innovative thinking
- Analytical thought process
- Ability to work as part of a team
How to Apply