Ryan Hays is a Managing Director and member of the Consumer, Food & Retail group at Lazard Middle Market. He has more than 12 years of mergers and acquisitions experience with a particular emphasis on the e-commerce, specialty retail, and direct marketing sectors.
Representative transactions include advising:
- Purchasing Power on its sale to Flexpoint Ford
- NBTY on its sale of Vitamin World to Centre Lane Partners
- Hand & Stone on its sale to Levine Leichtman Capital Partners
- Sheplers on its sale to Boot Barn (NYSE:BOOT)
- Mill Street Brewery on its sale to Labatt Brewing
- Bluestem Brands on its sale to CapMark, an affiliate of Centerbridge Partners
- Chewy.com on its growth equity investment with Volition Capital
- Oriental Trading Company on its sale to Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRK)
- Golfsmith (NASDAQ:GOLF) on its sale to Golf Town
Prior to joining the firm’s Consumer Retail practice, Mr. Hays served clients across a variety of industries, including transportation and logistics, engineered products, and business services as a Vice President, an Associate and Analyst in the firm’s Minneapolis and China offices.
Mr. Hays earned a Bachelor of Science in Business degree with distinction from The Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota, where he majored in Finance.