Michael Wiggins is a Managing Director and Head of the Healthcare group at Lazard Middle Market. He has more than 20 years of healthcare investment banking experience, during which time he has worked on over 50 completed strategic advisory and capital raising transactions with an aggregate value in excess of $100 billion. Mr. Wiggins has broad experience in healthcare services, with particular expertise in distribution and outsourcing, clinical diagnostics, pharmacy services, contract research organizations, and other pharmaceutical services. Mr. Wiggins' experience includes advising corporations and private equity groups on acquisitions and sales of public and private companies, leveraged buy-outs and recapitalizations, special committee advisory assignments, corporate divestitures, and cross-border transactions. He also has significant capital markets experience, having led numerous equity, equity-linked, and debt financings.
Representative transactions include advising:
Toxicology Holdings (dba DrugScan and DSI Medical) on its sale to ACM Global Laboratories
Alternative Biomedical Solutions on its sale to Centre Lane Partners
National Pharmaceutical Services on its sale to Diplomat (NYSE:DPLO)
Celerion Holdings, a portfolio company of MTS Health Investors, on its sale to Court Square Capital Partners
- Veridicus Holdings on its sale to Magellan Health (NASDAQ:MGLN)
- Millennium Health on its debt restructuring
- Laboratory Corporation of America (NYSE:LH) on its acquisition of Covance (NYSE:CVD)
MNG Direct on its sale to Insignia Capital Group
- Celerion Holdings on its sale to a private equity consortium led by MTS Health Investors
- Copernicus Group Institutional Review Board on its sale to Arsenal Capital Partners
- Pharmaceutical Product Development (NASDAQ:PPDI) on its sale to The Carlyle Group
Mr. Wiggins graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Cornell University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and Government.