Telecom, Media & Technology
Michael Gessner is a Vice President and member of the Telecommunications, Media & Technology group at Lazard Middle Market. He has significant experience serving clients on transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, corporate carve-outs, debt recapitalizations, and equity raises spanning across a variety of industries, including media, sports, telecommunications, infrastructure services, technology, healthcare, aerospace & defense, consumer products, and specialty distribution.
Representative transactions* include advising:
- The Equine Network, a division of Active Interest Media, on its sale to Growth Catalyst Partners
- William F. White International on its sale to Ashtead Group plc
- Space Electronics, a portfolio company of Benford Capital, on its sale to Raptor Scientific, a portfolio company of L Squared Capital Partners
- Spectrum Plastics Group, a portfolio company of Kohlberg & Company, on its sale to AEA Investors
- Power Distribution Inc., a division of Smiths Group, on its sale to Dunes Point Capital
- Visual Comfort & Co., a portfolio company of Seidler Equity Partners, on its partnership with AEA Investors
- DYK Automotive, a portfolio company of Dobbs Management Service, on its sale to The Sterling Group
- DYK Automotive, a portfolio company of Dobbs Management Service, on its merger with AAHC, an operating company of Marubeni Corporation
Prior to joining Lazard Middle Market, Mr. Gessner spent four years at Harris Williams & Co., an investment bank based in Richmond, VA, and four years at KPMG within its Advisory and Financial Audit Practices. Mr. Gessner holds a Master of Business Administration from The University of Virginia Darden School of Business and a Bachelor of Science in Finance and Accounting from Miami University.
*Certain transactions completed prior to joining the firm.