Michael Schwartz is Co-Head of the Capital Solutions and Restructuring group at Lazard Middle Market. He has extensive experience advising private equity-owned, family-owned and public companies on debt and equity financing transactions.
Representative transactions include:
- U.S. Zinc, a portfolio company of Aterian Investment Partners, on its private debt financing
- Citizens Rx on its minority recapitalization with Cornell Capital
- Vee Pak, a portfolio company of Wind Point Partners, on its debt refinancing and acquisition financing
- Anaergia on its growth equity financing
- BEL USA, a portfolio company of Comvest Partners, on its dividend debt recapitalization
- Rise Broadband on its debt refinancing
- Ascensus Specialties, a portfolio company of Wind Point Partners, on its debt financing
- American Purchasing Services, a portfolio company of FlexPoint Ford, on its debt financing
- Matilda Jane, a portfolio company of Webster Capital, on its acquisition debt financing
Prior to joining Lazard Middle Market, Mr. Schwartz was a Managing Director and Group Head of Debt Capital Markets at Cowen Group. He led the group that originated, structured and placed fixed income securities for middle market issuers, including high yield bond offerings, debt private placements, and private exchange offer transactions. Prior to this, Mr. Schwartz was a Vice President at Ramius, advising on investment opportunities across the capital structure of middle market companies, distressed situations and convertible bonds. Mr. Schwartz began his career at Jefferies & Co.
Mr. Schwartz received a Master of Business Administration degree from Fordham University Graduate School of Business and a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance and Entrepreneurship from Syracuse University.