Michael Schwartz is a Managing Director and Head of the Corporate Finance Advisory group at Lazard Middle Market. He has extensive experience advising private equity-owned, family-owned and public companies on debt and equity financing transactions.
Representative transactions include:
- Debt refinancing and acquisition financing for Vee Pak, a portfolio company of Wind Point Partners
- Growth equity financing for Anaergia
- Dividend debt recapitalization for BEL USA, a portfolio company of Comvest Partners
- Debt refinancing for Rise Broadband
- Debt refinancing for Ascensus Specialties, a portfolio company of Wind Point Partners
- Debt financing for American Purchasing Services, a portfolio company of FlexPoint Ford
- Acquisition debt financing for Matilda Jane, a portfolio company of Webster Capital
Prior to joining Lazard Middle Market, Mr. Schwartz was a Managing Director and Group Head of Debt Capital Markets at Cowen Group. He led the group that originated, structured and placed fixed income securities for middle market issuers, including high yield bond offerings, debt private placements, and private exchange offer transactions. Prior to this, Mr. Schwartz was a Vice President at Ramius, advising on investment opportunities across the capital structure of middle market companies, distressed situations and convertible bonds. Mr. Schwartz began his career at Jefferies & Co.
Mr. Schwartz received a Master of Business Administration degree from Fordham University Graduate School of Business and a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance and Entrepreneurship from Syracuse University.