Michael Schwartz is a Managing Director and Head of the Corporate Finance Advisory group at Lazard Middle Market. He has extensive experience advising private equity-owned, family-owned and public companies on debt and equity financing transactions.
Representative transactions* include advising:
- $175 million debt refinancing for specialty chemical company
- $135 million dividend debt recapitalization for online women's millennial fast fashion brand
- $85 million debt financing for American Purchasing Services, a portfolio company of FlexPoint Ford
- $48 million acquisition debt financing for Matilda Jane, a portfolio company of Webster Capital
- $70 million debt refinancing for public medical device company
- $97 million acquisition debt financing for public defense company
- $875 million acquisition debt financing for public pharmaceutical company, including a term loan and high yield notes
- $160 million dividend debt recapitalization for a Wynnchurch Capital owned aerospace & defense portfolio company
- $60 million dividend debt recapitalization for a Sun Capital owned defense portfolio company
- $125 million debt refinancing for public scrap metal company
Prior to joining Lazard Middle Market, Mr. Schwartz was a Managing Director and Group Head of Debt Capital Markets at Cowen Group. He led the group that originated, structured and placed fixed income securities for middle market issuers, including high yield bond offerings, debt private placements, and private exchange offer transactions. Prior to this, Mr. Schwartz was a Vice President at Ramius, advising on investment opportunities across the capital structure of middle market companies, distressed situations and convertible bonds. Mr. Schwartz began his career at Jefferies & Co.
Mr. Schwartz received a Master of Business Administration degree from Fordham University Graduate School of Business and a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance and Entrepreneurship from Syracuse University.
*Certain transactions completed prior to joining the firm.