Telecom, Media & Technology
Marshall Phelps is a Managing Director and member of the Telecommunications, Media& Technology group at Lazard Middle Market. Marshall has 15+ years of experience providing strategic advice to public and private companies, private equity funds, and entrepreneurs regarding critical M&A and corporate finance transactions, as well as long-term growth strategies, market trends, and competitive positioning. Marshall is a leading advisor to global media, sports, entertainment, and related technology companies, with additional expertise advising clients across the business services spectrum.
Representative transactions include advising:
BestReviews, on the sale of majority interest to tronc
Competitor Group, on its sale to World Triathalon Corporation (IRONMAN)
- SportsMEDIA Technology (SMT) on its acquisition of Sportvision
- Freedom Scientific, a portfolio company of Wafra Partners, on its sale to Vector Capital
- Qualspec Group, a portfolio company of Clearview Capital, on its sale to Team
- SDI Media on its sale to a consortium of Japanese companies led by Imagica Robot Holdings
- AGDATA, a portfolio company of SFW Capital Partners, on its sale to Vista Equity Partners
Learfield Sports, on its sale to Shamrock Capital Advisors
Prior to joining Lazard Middle Market, Mr. Phelps was an Associate in the private equity group at O’Melveny & Myers LLP, a leading international law firm.
Mr. Phelps received a Juris Doctorate from Fordham University School of Law and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Colgate University. In 2016, he was recognized as a “40 Under 40 Dealmaker” by the M&A Advisor.