Joe Stormont is a Vice President and member of the Industrials Group at Lazard Middle Market. He has significant experience advising clients on transactions involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and recapitalizations across several industrial sectors, including specialty chemicals, metals and mining, infrastructure, and industrial services.
Representative transactions include advising:
- Kymera International, a portfolio company of Platinum Equity, on its sale to Palladium Equity Partners
- W.F. Taylor, a portfolio company of Dominus Capital, on its sale to Meridian Adhesives, a portfolio company of Arsenal Capital Partners
- Ascensus Specialties (formerly Vertellus Performance Chemicals), a portfolio company of Wind Point Partners, on its recapitalization
- ITS ConGlobal, a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group, on its sale to AMP Capital
- Friedrich Air Conditioning, a portfolio company of Corinthian Capital, on its sale to Monomoy Capital Partners
- Project Service, operator of Connecticut Highway Service Plazas and a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group, on its sale to John Laing Infrastructure Fund (LON: JLIF)
Prior to joining Lazard Middle Market, Mr. Stormont worked at The Hartford Financial Services Group in their Leadership Development Program. While at The Hartford, he worked across several divisions, spending the majority of his time with the Corporate Strategy and Divestiture teams. In 2012, he assisted in The Hartford’s divestiture of their Retirement Plans, Individual Life Insurance and Individual Annuities business units.
Mr. Stormont received a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Operations Research from Columbia University, and a Master of Business Administration Degree from the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management.