Business Services & Education
Joseph Conte is a Managing Director and member of the Business Services & Education group at Lazard Middle Market. He has more than 20 years of experience in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital and other corporate finance transactions. Mr. Conte has broad experience in media, marketing and information services; industrial services; environmental services; professional services; and broad-based business process outsourcing.
Representative transactions include advising:
- Mergent, a portfolio company of Carousel Capital Partners, on its sale to the London Stock Exchange Group (LON:LSE)
- MarketCast, a portfolio company of RLJ Equity Partners, on its sale to Kohlberg & Company
- Century Fire Protection, a portfolio company of Wafra Partners, on its sale to FirstService Corporation (NASDAQ:FSV)
- QualspecGroup, a portfolio company of Clearview Capital, on its sale to Team
- SDI Media on its sale to a consortium of Japanese companies led by Imagica Robot Holdings
Prior to joining Lazard Middle Market, Mr. Conte practiced law in New York. He has advised leveraged buyout funds, venture capital funds, large private corporations and other private equity investors in connection with a variety of mergers and acquisitions transactions, including leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, recapitalizations, financings and dispositions.
Mr. Conte received a Bachelor of Science degree from St. John’s University and graduated magna cum laude with a Juris Doctorate from Georgetown University. Mr. Conte is a member of the New York bar.