Telecom, Media & Technology
Jason Hutchinson is a Managing Director and member of the Telecommunications, Media and Technology group at Lazard Middle Market. He has more than two decades of experience in the technology industry advising clients across a number of subsectors, including software infrastructure, data networking, semiconductors and internet/social media.
Representative transactions* include advising:
- Skyworks Solutions (NASDAQ:SWKS) $2.1 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction in wireless semiconductors
- SSA Global’s Special Committee $1.6 billion sale to Infor in enterprise software
- Foundry Networks in connection with $2.6 billion cash and stock sale to Brocade Communications Systems (NASDAQ:BRCD) in data networking
- Integrated Silicon Solution (NASDAQ:ISSI) $1 billion buyout by a consortium of investors led by Summitview Capital in memory and storage
- Macrovision Corporation (NASDAQ:MVSN) $2.8 billion cash and stock acquisition of Gemstar (NASDAQ:GMST) from NewsCorp (NASDAQ:NWS), in digital media and rights management
Prior to joining Lazard, Mr. Hutchinson was a Managing Director for more than 20 years, including serving as Head of Global Technology M&A at Oppenheimer & Co. and Head of Technology M&A at Houlihan Lokey. In addition, he was a Managing Director at Merrill Lynch and headed up the technology M&A group at Piper Jaffray, specializing in mergers and acquisitions advisory, including exclusive sales, public company divestiture, leveraged buyouts, defensive advisories, and fairness opinions.
Mr. Hutchinson received a Juris Doctorate from Emory University and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Tufts University.
*Certain transactions completed prior to joining the firm.