Dimitar Karaivanov is a Managing Director and member of the Financial Institutions group at Lazard Middle Market. He has extensive experience advising public and private financial services companies on financial and strategic matters.
Representative transactions* include advising:
- First Financial Bancorp. on its $1.0 billion merger with MainSource Financial Group
- Popular, Inc. on its $1.1 billion deposit divestiture to Banc of California and $239 million deposit divestiture to HCBF Holding
- Pacific National Bank on its sale to a group of private investors
- Home BancShares on its $820 million acquisition of Stonegate Bank and $300 million subordinated debt capital raise
- Mariner Finance on its sale to Milestone Partners
- Community Bank System on its $305 million acquisition of Merchants Bancshares
- M&T Bank Corporation on its acquisition of Wilmington Trust
- Royal Bank of Canada on its $5.3 billion acquisition of City National and its $3.4 billion sale of RBC Bank (USA) to PNC Financial Services
Prior to joining Lazard, Mr. Karaivanov was a Managing Director in FIG Investment Banking at RBC Capital Markets where he counseled financial services clients on more than 30 M&A transactions with deal value exceeding $20 billion. He also held positions in FIG Investment Banking at Janney Montgomery Scott and Bear, Stearns & Co.
Mr. Karaivanov holds a Masters in Business Administration degree from the Fisher College of Business at The Ohio State University.
*Certain transactions completed prior to joining the firm.