David Parker is a Managing Director and member of the Telecom, Media and Technology Group at Lazard Middle Market. He has extensive experience advising public and private TMT companies on financial and strategic matters, with an emphasis on data infrastructure, cable and diversified telecom companies. Mr. Parker has over 20 years of investment banking experience working with growing, innovative TMT companies and financial sponsors.
Representative transactions* include advising:
- Southern Light on its sale to Uniti Group (NASDAQ:UNIT)
- NewWave Communications on its sale to Cable One (NASDAQ:CABO)
- Unite Private Networks on its sale to Cox Communications and Ridgemont Equity Partners
- Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK) and Alinda Capital Partners on the sale of DukeNet Communications to Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC)
- 360networks on its sale to Zayo Group (NYSE:ZAYO)
- Kentucky Data Link on its sale to Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN)
- Q-Comm on the acquisition of Norlight Telecommunications
- Level 3 Communications (NASDAQ:LVLT) on the acquisition of Progress Telecom
- Level 3 Communications (NASDAQ:LVLT) on the sale of Genuity’s regional fiber assets to CenturyTel
Prior to joining Lazard, Mr. Parker was a Managing Director in CME Investment Banking coverage at RBC Capital Markets where he led numerous M&A and financing mandates for capital intensive TMT clients ranging from large cap companies to emerging next generation service providers. He also held investment banking positions at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey and Daniels & Associates. Transactions Mr. Parker originated and executed have been recognized as the Middle Market Deal of the Year and the TMT Deal of the Year by M&A Atlas Awards.
Mr. Parker received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Georgia.
*Certain transactions completed prior to joining the firm.