Bennett Monson is a Managing Director and member of the Industrials group at Lazard Middle Market. He has two decades of experience advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, equity transactions, and debt capital markets financings. He has extensive expertise in the industrial and energy technology sectors, including industrial automation, manufacturing technology, industrial software, IIoT, electronics, energy efficiency technologies, advanced lighting, and utility technologies.
Representative transactions* include advising:
- EnPro Industries (NYSE: NPO) on the acquisition of LeanTeq Co. (pending)
- General Electric (NYSE: GE) on the sale of its Current, powered by GE business unit, to American Industrial Partners
- Sonneman—A Way of Light on its sale to Dunes Point Capital
- Cree (NASDAQ: CREE) on the acquisition of the RF power business from Infineon Technologies (XTRA: IFX)
- Thermon Group Holdings (NYSE: THR) on the acquisition of CCI Thermal Technologies
- ConTech Lighting on its sale to Leviton Manufacturing Co.
- Gala Industries on its sale to Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV)
Prior to joining Lazard, Mr. Monson was a Managing Director and led the Industrial Technology practice at Wells Fargo Securities, LLC. Prior to that, he was a Vice President at Evercore Partners and held positions at Piper Jaffray, Raymond James & Associates, and KPMG.
Mr. Monson received a Master of Business Administration degree from Darden School of Business, University of Virginia and a Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service degree from the Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University.
*Certain transactions completed prior to joining the firm.