Industrial Products & Services
Transportation, Logistics & Distribution
Alex Grimstad is a Director and member of the Industrials group at Lazard Middle Market. Alex has significant experience serving clients on transactions involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, private placements, fairness opinions, and recapitalizations. Additionally, his experience spans across a variety of industries, including industrials, industrial technology, engineered products, safety, distribution, automotive, aerospace and defense and consumer products.
Representative transactions include advising:
- WesCom Signal and Rescue, a subsidiary of ACR Group, a portfolio company of The Jordan Company, on its sale to Sun European Partners
- Milestone AV Technologies, a portfolio company of Pritzker Group Private Capital, on its sale to Legrand
- Ringers Technologies, a portfolio company of Global Energy Capital, on its sale to Ansell (ASX:ANN)
- Soleras Advanced Coatings, a portfolio company of Element Partners, on its sale to an affiliate of Hong Kong-based AGIC Capital
- Tronair, a portfolio company of Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, on its sale to Golden Gate Capital
- Dexter Magnetic Technologies, a portfolio company of Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, on its sale to Robert Family Holdings
- Centric Parts, a portfolio company of Audax Group, on its sale to AP Exhaust Technologies to form APC Automotive Technologies
- PLZ Aeroscience Corporation, a portfolio company of Olympus Partners, on its sale to Pritzker Group Private Capital
- ArrMaz, a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital, on its sale to Arkema (ENXTPA:AKE)
- The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW) on the sale of its Specialty Films Business to Transilwrap, a portfolio company of The Jordan Company
Prior to joining the firm as an Associate in 2014, Mr. Grimstad spent almost two years working at Greene Holcomb & Fisher, an investment bank headquartered in Minneapolis that was acquired by BMO Capital Markets in 2016, and two years as a Commercial Banking Lender at Well Fargo Bank, N.A.
Mr. Grimstad holds a Master of Business Administration degree, with high honors, from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Northwestern University.