Alex Grimstad is a Vice President and member of the Industrials group at Lazard Middle Market. Mr. Grimstad has significant experience serving clients on transactions involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, private placements, fairness opinions, and recapitalizations. Additionally, his experience spans across a variety of industries, including industrials, engineered products, distribution, aerospace and defense, automotive, consumer products, and technology.
Representative transactions include advising:
- Milestone AV Technologies on its sale to Legrand
- Centric Parts, a portfolio company of Audax Group, on its sale to AP Exhaust Technologies to form APC Automotive Technologies
- Key Plastics Corporation, a portfolio company of Wayzata Investment Partners, on its sale to Mecaplast Group
- Tronair, a portfolio company of Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, on its sale to Golden Gate Capital
- PLZ Aeroscience Corporation, a portfolio company of Olympus Partners, on its sale to Pritzker Group Private Capital
- The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW) on the sale of its Specialty Films Business to Transilwrap, a portfolio company of The Jordan Company
- 3M Company (NYSE:MMM) on the sale of its Library Systems Business to One Equity Partners
- Dexter Magnetic Technologies, a portfolio company of Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, on its sale to Robert Family Holdings
Prior to joining the firm as an Associate in 2014, Mr. Grimstad spent almost two years working at Greene Holcomb & Fisher, a boutique investment bank in Minneapolis, and two years as a Commercial Banking Lender at Well Fargo Bank, N.A.
Mr. Grimstad holds a Master of Business Administration degree, with high honors, from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Northwestern University.