Adeel Ahmad is a Director and senior member of the Consumer, Food and Retail Group at Lazard Middle Market. He has more than 12 years of mergers and acquisitions experience, serving clients in the branded consumer, retail and leisure sectors.
Mr. Ahmad has worked with a wide range of clients including private and public companies, private equity funds and family offices. Representative transactions* include advising:
- Under Canvas on its recapitalization by KSL Capital Partners
- Knot Standard on the growth equity investment by Provenance
- McDavid Sports on its sale to United Sports Brands, a portfolio company of Bregal Partners
- Pohlad Companies on its acquisition of Polaroid and later the sale of Polaroid to the Smolokowski family
- Dates Weiser on its sale to Knoll, Inc. (NYSE: KNL)
- eyebobs on its sale to Norwest Equity Partners
- Thymes, a portfolio company of Stone-Goff Partners, on its sale to Castanea Partners
- Cabela’s on the divestiture of Van Dykes Taxidermy and Van Dykes Restorers
- Aerobed, a portfolio company of Investcorp, on its sale to Coleman
Mr. Ahmad joined Lazard Middle Market from Rendersi, a boutique, consumer industry focused financial advisory and investment firm that he co-founded in 2017 to serve founders, entrepreneurs, and private equity clients.
Prior to co-founding Rendersi, Mr. Ahmad was a Vice President in the Consumer Group at Imperial Capital. Prior to joining Imperial Capital, he worked at The Mercanti Group, a consumer-focused investment bank that specialized in M&A and capital markets advisory. Mr. Ahmad started his career in the Consumer & Retail Investment Banking group at BofA Securities, previously Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML).
Mr. Ahmad earned a Bachelor of Science in Accountancy degree and a Master of Science in Accountancy with a minor in Finance degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
*Certain transactions completed prior to joining the firm.