Telecom, Media & Technology
Marshall Phelps is a Managing Director and senior member of the Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment group at Lazard. He is a leading advisor to global digital media, sports, entertainment, and related technology companies, with additional expertise advising clients across the business services spectrum. Mr. Phelps has 15+ years of experience providing strategic advice to public and private companies, private equity funds, and entrepreneurs regarding critical M&A and corporate finance transactions, as well as long-term growth strategies, market trends, and competitive positioning.
Representative transactions include advising:
- This Old House Ventures, a portfolio company of TZP Group, on its sale to Roku
- Health Union on its sale to Court Square Capital Management
- The Equine Network, a division of Active Interest Media, on its sale to Growth Catalyst Partners
- ICM Partners on its equity investment from Crestview Partners
- William F. White International on its sale to Ashtead Group
- Providence Equity Partners on its investment in TAIT
BestReviews.com on its sale to Tribune Publishing (formerly tronc)
Competitor Group, on its sale to World Triathalon Corporation (IRONMAN)
- The Pac-12 Conference (strategic advisory)
- SportsMEDIA Technology (SMT) on its acquisition of Sportvision
- Freedom Scientific, a portfolio company of Wafra Partners, on its sale to Vector Capital
- SDI Media on its sale to a consortium of Japanese companies led by Imagica Robot Holdings
- AGDATA, a portfolio company of SFW Capital Partners, on its sale to Vista Equity Partners
Learfield Sports, on its sale to Shamrock Capital Advisors
Prior to joining Lazard in 2007, Mr. Phelps practiced law in the private equity group at O’Melveny & Myers LLP, a leading international law firm.
Mr. Phelps received a Juris Doctorate from Fordham University School of Law and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Colgate University. In 2016, he was recognized as a “40 Under 40 Dealmaker” by the M&A Advisor.