ason Tavano is a Managing Director in San Francisco and focuses on advising clients in the Technology sector. Since joining Lazard in New York in 2000, Mr. Tavano has worked on a variety of M&A, financing and restructuring assignments.
Representative transactions include:
- Dell on its $67 billion merger with EMC
- Vista and Evergreen on their $16.5 billion take private of Citrix and merger with Tibco
- Google in its $12.5 billion acquisition of Motorola
- Capgemini on its $4 billion acquisition of iGate and acquisitions of LiquidHub and LyonsCG
- Verily on its $800 million investment from Temasek
- Cisco on its $3.4 billion acquisition of Tandberg, sale of its Data Virtualization business to Tibco and multiple international JVs
- Intel on its $2 billion acquisition of Habana Labs
- Silver Lake on its $8.5 billion sale of Skype to Microsoft and $2.3 billion acquisition of IMG with WME
- Bayard on its $1.2 billion sale of ServiceChannel to Fortive
- Hewlett-Packard on its $500 million sale of software assets to OpenText
- Palm IP on its sale to Qualcomm
- Snapfish on its sale to District Photo
Prior to joining Lazard, Mr. Tavano worked in TMT private equity for Marubeni, one of Japan's largest trading companies.