Andrew Sweet is a Managing Director and senior member of the Industrials group at Lazard. He leads the firm's Industrial & Specialty Distribution practice. He has more than 15 years of experience advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity private capital raising, and public markets financings. He has extensive expertise in the engineered product, MRO, fuel, lubricant and downstream energy & chemical distribution markets; as well as across diversified value-added and specialty distribution.
Representative transactions* include advising:
- Cadence Petroleum Group on its sale to Wellspring Capital Management
- Applied System Technologies on its sale to Flow Control Group
- Offen Petroleum on its sale to Court Square Capital Partners
- Motion & Control Enterprises on its sale to Frontenac Company
- J.A.M. Distributing Company and G.H. Berlin-Windward on its sale to Brenntag SE (BNR.DE)
- DXP Enterprises (NASDAQ: DXPE) on its acquisition of Pumping Solutions, Total Equipment Company, and APO Pumps & Compressors
- Cactus Fuel on its sale to Pilot Thomas Logistics
- FCX Performance on its sale to Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT)
- RelaDyne on its sale to AEA Investors
- SunSource on its sale to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice
- PSS Companies on its sale to Goldman Sachs PIA
Prior to joining Lazard, Mr. Sweet was a Managing Director and co-led the Industrial Distribution and Services practice at Stephens Inc. Prior to that, he held positions at Hyde Park Capital and McColl Partners.
Mr. Sweet received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics at Furman University.
*Certain transactions completed prior to joining the firm.