Consumer, Food & Retail
Ryan Hays is a Managing Director and member of the Consumer, Food & Retail group at Lazard Middle Market. He has more than 15 years of mergers and acquisitions experience with a particular emphasis on the e-commerce and retail sectors.
Representative transactions include advising:
- Bartell Drug on its sale to Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD)
- Milan Laser on its sale to Leonard Green Partners
- Northern Brewer on its sale to Blackstreet Capital Management
- 12 independently-owned Sky Zone franchise locations to Circux Trix
- FragranceNet.com on its sale to B&S Group (ENXTAM: BSGR)
- Sundance Catalog on its sale to Webster Equity Partners
- Ferraro Foods on its sale to Kainos Capital Partners
- LTD Commodities on its sale to Amerimark
- Purchasing Power on its sale to Flexpoint Ford
- Cabi on its sale to Sentinel Capital Partners
- NBTY on its sale of Vitamin World to Centre Lane Partners
- Hand & Stone on its sale to Levine Leichtman Capital Partners
- Sheplers on its sale to Boot Barn (NYSE:BOOT)
- Bluestem Brands on its sale to CapMark, an affiliate of Centerbridge Partners
- Chewy.com on its growth equity investment with Volition Capital
- Oriental Trading Company on its sale to Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRK)
- Golfsmith (NASDAQ:GOLF) on its sale to Golf Town
Prior to joining the firm’s Consumer Retail practice, Ryan served clients across a variety of industries, including transportation and logistics, engineered products, and business services. Currently based in New York, Ryan has worked in the firm’s Chicago, Minneapolis, and Shanghai offices.
Mr. Hays earned a Bachelor of Science in Business degree with distinction from The Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota, where he majored in Finance.