Joe Smaby is a Vice President and member of the Industrials Group at Lazard Middle Market. He has significant experience advising clients on transactions involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and recapitalizations across several industrial sectors, including specialty chemicals, building products, and industrial services.
Representative transactions include advising:
- VersaFlex, a portfolio company of DalFort Capital Partners, on its sale to PPG Industries
- WesCom Signal & Rescue, a subsidiary of ACR Group, a portfolio company of The Jordan Company, on its sale to Sun European Partners
- Polymer Solutions Group, a portfolio company of Arsenal Capital Partners, on the sale of its additives division to The Jordan Company
- Drew Marine Technical Solutions, a subsidiary of Drew Marine Group, a portfolio company of The Jordan Company, on its sale to Court Square Capital Partners
- Holley Performance Products, a portfolio company of Lincolnshire Management, on its sale to Sentinel Capital Partners and its merger with Driven Performance Brands
- PRT Growing Services, a portfolio company of Mill Road Capital, on its sale to TriWest Capital Partners
Prior to joining Lazard Middle Market, Mr. Smaby worked at Paracle, a boutique financial advisory firm based in Seattle. In the four years that Mr. Smaby was with Paracle, he worked as an Associate Advisor within the firm’s private wealth management business.
Mr. Smaby graduated from the University of Washington with a Bachelor’s Degree in finance and received a Master of Business Administration degree from the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota.