Business Services & Education
Ed King is a Managing Director and Co-Head of the Business Services & Education group at Lazard Middle Market. He has more than 25 years of experience developing and executing M&A transactions, public equity offerings, and private placements.
Representative transactions include advising:
- Wyzant on its sale to IXL Learning
- Global Knowledge on its sale to Skillsoft/Churchill Capital II
- Cadence Education on its sale to Apax Partners
- Busy Bees Nurseries on its partnership with Temasec
- Cadence Education on its sale to Morgan Stanley Private Equity
- EducationDynamics on its sale to Prudential Capital Group and Muirlands Capital
- Investcorp on its acquisition of Nobel Learning
- Teaching Strategies on its sale to L-Squared Capital Partners
- RuffaloCODY, a portfolio company of Summit Partners, on its merger with Noel-Levitz
- Deltak.edu on its sale to John Wiley & Sons (NYSE:JW.A)
Prior to joining Lazard Middle Market, Mr. King was a Managing Director, M&A in the Education and Business Services sector at BMO Capital Markets where he was responsible for building its M&A franchise in education and overseeing the transaction execution in the sector. Prior to that, Mr. King was at William Blair & Company in its Software and Information Services group and he was a Managing Director at ABN AMRO where he built and managed the firm’s business and information services practice.
Mr. King holds a Master of Management degree from J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Middlebury College.