Business Services & Education
Ben Freking is a Vice President in Lazard Middle Market’s Minneapolis office where he focuses on transactions across a variety of industry verticals as part of Lazard Middle Market’s Business Services & Education group.
Representative transactions include advising:
- US Med-Equip, a portfolio company of Owner Resource Group, on its sale to Freeman Spogli & Co.
- Utopia Global, Inc. on its sale to Prometheus Group, a portfolio company of Genstar Capital
- Mintz, a portfolio company of Westview Capital, on its sale to ICV Partners
- CoAdvantage, a portfolio company of Morgan Stanley Capital Partners, on its sale to Aquiline Capital Partners
- Park Place Technologies, a portfolio company of GTCR, on its investment from Charlesbank Capital Partners
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt on the sale of its Riverside Assessment assets to Alpine Investors
- Unidine on its sale to Compass Group
- New Mountain Learning, a portfolio company of The Wicks Group, on its sale to CIP Capital
Prior to joining Lazard Middle Market, Ben worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in the Transaction Services group. While at PwC he worked on mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures serving both private equity and corporate clients across a diverse set of industries, including Business Services, Healthcare, Industrials, and Consumer Products. Previously, he spent time in PwC’s Audit practice.
Ben received his Master of Accountancy degree from the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota and Bachelor of Science degree in finance and accounting from Colorado State University. Ben is also a licensed Certified Public Accountant (inactive).