Consumer, Food & Retail
Alejandro Cola is a Director and senior member of the Consumer, Food & Retail group at Lazard Middle Market. He has more than 17 years of investment banking experience advising public and private companies on M&A and capital markets transactions.
Representative transactions* include advising:
- Vegetable Juices on its sale to Naturex,
- Kerr Concentrates on its sale to Ingredion (NYSE:INGR),
- Fox River Foods on its sale to Performance Food Group,
- Gusto Packing on its sale to Butterball, a subsidiary of Seaboard (NYSE:SEB), and
- Pulmuone Foods on its acquisition of the assets of Vitasoy USA, including the Nasoya® brand.
Prior to joining Lazard Middle Market, Mr. Cola spent 12 years at KeyBanc Capital Markets where he covered the food and beverage space working on a variety of transactions, including financings for Chobani, ThreeHouse Foods, KeHE Distributors, Lipari Foods, Hearthside, and Hain Celestrial (NASDAQ:HAIN), among others. Prior to that, he spent several years advising companies and investors across Latin America and working as a teaching assistant in the Department of Corporate Finance at la Universidad de la Republica.
Mr. Cola holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the Owen School of Management at Vanderbilt University and an Economic degree from Universidad de la Republica in Montevideo, Uruguay.
*Certain transactions completed prior to joining the firm.